dougs digs

once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

1.10.2006

New Era of an Old Tradition

"You Play to Win the Game" - Herman Edwards, 10th Coach of the Kansas City Chiefs

I know what the National Football League is about it’s about commitment. It’s the best game in the world and it’s played by the best players in the world. Talent alone does not win games. Talent alone does not win games, teams win games, teams with commitment. For one thing I do know and I promise you this the players that play for this football team and Coach Vermeil has instilled it already, they will play for the name on the side of the helmet and not for the name on the back of the jersey. That is very important and that is called team. I grew up with people that made me understand what team is about and it is a family.

This family is set. I am just a new addition to it, but I have been an addition to it a long time ago and I finally found my way back. It is a great opportunity for my wife, my son, my daughter and myself to come back home. I never planned on something like this but it happened.

As I always said I put faith in God’s hands. But if you believe in faith, one thing about faith you can’t see it you just got to trust it and I trust in faith and faith has brought me here back. It is a unique situation for me and my family and I am going to take an opportunity obviously to do the best thing I can do and follow Vermeil’s footsteps and win football games because that is what it is about. It’s about winning and winning championships. That is what it’s all about at the end of the day. You have to win games and the players understand that and the coaches understand that it’s about winning and that is what this team is going to do.

I promise you this, I will give all my heart and my energy to this organization any way I can. That is how I am built. I believe that and that is what I am going to do. I am excited about this football team and this organization and I am excited about being back in Kansas City.
|| doug, 00:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment