dougs digs

once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

8.09.2005

Fare Thee Well

As hard as it is to believe, today is the tenth anniversary of Jerry Garcia’s passing.

Over three decades with the Grateful Dead and as a solo artist, Jerry amassed a legacy paralleled by few in the rock era. But still to this day his music, life, and inspiration are more present with me than ever.

Lay down my dear brother, lay down and take your rest, Won't you lay your head upon your savior's chest, I love you all, but Jesus loves you the best And we bid you goodnight, goodnight, goodnight.
|| doug, 16:40

1 Comments:

Did you know about the Jerry Garcia fest right here in KC this past weekend? I didn't. I guess KC is one of the only cities to do it too. Strange. Well, here's to the train, anyway.
Blogger timsamoff, at 9/8/05 22:38  

Post a Comment