dougs digs

once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

8.01.2005

All's Right With The World

- The start of the NFL season has officially begun with the opening of Training Camp.

- The Chiefs are embarking on a historical season. It's the last run with their record setting offense in it's entirety and the last season for Hall of Fame Head Coach, Dick Vermeil. They finally added some great players to their defense to balance the attack and are reading to kick some serious ass. Do or Die.

- Fantasy Football is now a reality. Six leagues and of course the annual draft in just two weeks in West Palm Beach, Florida for the one league that matters with my boy Jay and the rest of the girls. All of I have to say is, watch out Pugh ! ! !

- This also means that I will be soon devoting 60 (mostly)consecutive hours from 11:00am Saturday's to 11:00pm Monday's to nothing but football. Except for a brief break for church, work, and to relieve myself. . . unless I purchase some 'Oops I Crapped My Pants'.

- "Football is not a game but a religion, a metaphysical island of fundamental truth in a highly verbalized, disguised society, a throwback of 30,000 generations of anthropological time." - Arnold Mandell

|| doug, 18:07

3 Comments:

i've spent the last year developing a service that i believe is much better than yahoo. there are a lot of cutting edge new features, but the best one is the ability to execute multi-team trades involving players, future draft choices, or both.

the site launched this week and i hope you try it out. the url is fleaflicker.com.

if you have any questions, suggestions, or special requests, you can contact me through the e-mail listed on the website's "contact" page. i hope you give it a shot.

thanks!

(ps, if you feel i'm intruding on your blog i sincerely apologize. feel free to delete this post.)
Blogger ori102281, at 2/8/05 16:03  
i've spent the last 20 years working to help people beautify their properties and add value to their homes and businesses by exterior enhancements.

my site launched about six months ago (the third verson). the site is www.highland(hypen)outdoor.com.

you can reach me via my profile on that website.

thank you.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/8/05 19:50  
I think this might be the year. I've had that feeling before, but something tells me this could be it. Or I could just be disappointed like all the other times. I read today that Vermeil might stay another year, depending on how the team does.
Blogger Kyle, at 4/8/05 00:09  

Post a Comment