dougs digs

once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

10.18.2005

"Think VH1 meets Norman Rockwell" (no thanks)

After work I had to pick up my car from the auto shop. Come to find out the hooptie isn't as tore up as they once thought; just needs brake pads, not a total brake system replacement . . . thank God ! ! !

Anyway, afterwards I had to get the dog some food from our dealer in Brookside. Got the goods, hopped in the car, turned the corner and looky here . . . we got ourselves a new coffee shop.

I've seen this thing being built from day one, but they finished with the quickness over the past few weeks. I put the hooptie in park and mozzied on in to give it a look about. Come to find out, today was their first day in business, I was one of their first customers.

Not bad, very shiny, employees looked lost, pretentious business people on their laptops, flat screen tv (not joking), and the list goes on. This is how they describe it "Think VH1 meets Norman Rockwell. An old school, friendly Midwestern attitude with hip decor, engaging branding and a neighborhood hangout."

OK, whatever that means.

Not my "cup of tea (or coffee actually)", but you may like. It definitely fills a need, can't believe this is the first coffee shop (not including the delicious Bella Napoli) in the area. Long overdo.
|| doug, 21:08

4 Comments:

if the suits with the laptops have found it already, count me out, twice. muddy's or broadway for me, thank you.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 19/10/05 15:29  
That is a TERRIBLE description. Ugh. And to think that I like Roasterie coffee better than no other. Man... I might just have to keep buying it at the store.
Blogger timsamoff, at 19/10/05 21:42  
I liked it. A friend sent me this link to your blog and I see some of your points but I enjoyed my visit. I loved the drink names and it was cozy. Everybody has their taste but I've bought Roasterie coffee for about 3 years now and love it, especially since it's local. Anywho, I liked my drink, the wi-fi was good and I wasn't rushed. Just my .02.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 31/10/05 16:21  
Glad to see the Roasterie Cafe's marketing team dropping by and posting messages. Best of luck to you, Im sure you all will do well even without my support.
Blogger doug, at 31/10/05 22:18  

Post a Comment