dougs digs

once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

2.15.2005

Not So Fast



I feel like such a failure.

I know that sounds pretty harsh, but it's true. I made a commitment to fast during the 6 weeks of Lent starting every Tuesday at sundown until Wednesday at sundown and then break the fast on Wednesday nights with a community dinner with others that are fasting during this special time. My first of six sundown-to-sundown fasts started tonight, which I was eagerly awaiting since I have never committed to fast ever in my life.

Well . . . it was supposed to start tonight.

It hit me like a punch in the gut on the way home from work about 8:30. I was starving you guy's, s-t-a-r-v-i-n-g ! ! ! I came home and paced the floor having this internal conflict; do I give into my carnal desires or do the right thing for once and strive for discipline ? I rather quickly gave in for some damn good chicken and a pint of sweet Guinness.

Oh Lord, have mercy on my wretched soul for I am so weak and gluttonous.

I guess there is always next year.
|| doug, 23:06

1 Comments:

Yeah, so... I will be seeing you at prayer in the morning, then. :)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 15/2/05 23:45  

Post a Comment